“You think this will help?” Treyko asked, twisting his head in the vice of the chair. Even now, he still smiled. Heelna remembered those days, before she too had been plugged into the mainframe.
Easier days, simpler days.
“You know it will,” Heelna replied, as she tightened the wrist straps on Treyko’s wrists and upper arms. Injecting the implant bots was not the hardest part, that came afterwards when the user would be hit with a wave of information that could burn their brain like electricity.
This process had a 50% survival rate when done under proper conditions. When done in the back of the ship’s lab, three thousand lightmiles away from the closest medical centre, it was probably down to about 20%.
But still, Treyko was prepared to do it. They needed another with access to the mainframe, and since Ophel had died-
“Come on Hee,” Treyko said, bracing himself against the chair, “you know it’ll be fine. It’ll help. We need two minds to access the ships mainframe to drive this damn lump of metal. We can’t just float in space for much longer.”
No, they couldn’t. They all knew that.
“Ready?” Heelna asked as she lowered the needle over Treyko’s elbow.
“Ready,” he replied.
She pushed the needle into Treyko’s arm.
- Short Story – Killing FieldsKilling Fields (Rating: 15, Genre – Horror, Genre – Fantasy, Genre – Sci Fi) – (1004 words) – Petris walked into the Killing Fields with the hope … More Short Story – Killing Fields
- Teacup Story – On the HuntTeacup story – a story short enough to fit into a teacup. On the Hunt – Ake and Sarah hunted monsters, demons who needed to be … More Teacup Story – On the Hunt
- Teacup story – One ChanceMeg had failed, and now she only had one chance of redemption (Genre – Fantasy, Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – Horror, Rating – 12) Broken … More Teacup story – One Chance
- Teacup Story – I’m HereI ‘m Here – Fey didn’t want to accept the inevitable, that she would not have her husband forever. (Rating- 12, Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – … More Teacup Story – I’m Here
- Teacup Story – The Kayla BreezeThe night before the battle for Captaincy of the ship, Owett watched the stars. (Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – Action, Rating – 12) The stars shone brightly … More Teacup Story – The Kayla Breeze
- Teacup Story – Shot to the headShot to the head – Phevra fought the Afterlifes with her trusty Matilda and a bottle of vodka. It was all a girl needed in life. (Rating: … More Teacup Story – Shot to the head