They say opposites attract, and in some ways, that is true.
No two people are ever the same. Sure, there can be similarities and differences. And between some people, their differences are greater and others it’s their similarities.
But it’s not the differences or similarities which creates love. It’s the connection between the two, its revelling in the joys and supporting in the lows that come from those differences, it’s taking a step back when you’re being too similar and you just need space.
It’s revolving around one another, springing backwards and forwards in a lifelong dance that takes you through all the crazy and wonderful and weird things this life can throw at the pair of you.
Enjoy this story? Check out my others below!
- The Curse of the Silver (Newsletter Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)Suzza sat on her bed, surrounded by the ripped pieces of her letters. Each one had contained the years of heartache and love that she … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)What’s in a name? Not much, and everything at the same time. A level of identity that is so core to yourself that you can … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)When Imogen kissed Natalie, she felt her heart explode. It was not just live, but the intensity of want that bubbled up inside her which … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Love (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)They say opposites attract, and in some ways, that is true. No two people are ever the same. Sure, there can be similarities and differences. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Date Night (Stories on a Theme “Food”)“So what do you fancy?” Georgina looked down at the menu list, trying furiously to ignore the nerves that were buzzing around her body. She … Read more