To let go of control is to let go of the outcome.
You cannot change it, for it is done. Dusted. Final.
All you can do is move on, to walk away and hold your head as high as you can and live your life the best you can.
But to do that, you have to let go of the anger, and the hate, and the idea that you can control it or them.
They say you have to forgive them.
What you have to do is forgive yourself.
Forgive yourself for failing.
Enjoy this story? Check out my other stories below!
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. … More Rain (100 Words)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Stress (100 Words)It settles beneath your skin, into your very bones. You cannot help it. It is like a virus, slipping past your defences. You cannot help … More Stress (100 Words)
- Slide (100 Words)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown between you. Not from … More Slide (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)What is behind you can be forgotten. Technically. I mean, technically, it is no longer here and now. It is then and was and it’s … More Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)
- Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)The world will get better. You hope. The world will be kinder. You hope. The world will still be alive in the future. You hope. … More Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)