In the last moments of his existence, Trenlti felt himself in awe of the vast expanse of space open up before him.
He tried to reach for the rope, inches out of his grasp. But he couldn’t reach it, and so he just floated away, tumbling in a vacuum with nowhere anchoring him to reality.
It was in that moment that Trenlti gave up control. He took his hand off the rocket joystick that he had been furiously trying to make work moments before. He just let himself float, in the nothingness of space, watching the nebula and gas clouds hundreds of light years tumble away from him.
Enjoy this story? Check out my other flash fictions below!
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box full of blue powder, … Read more
- Defeated (100 Words)“I can’t,” Tenae whimpered, barely able to hold the cup in his hands. The potion spilt out the sides, hissing at is hit his skin. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Ignorance (A Teacup Story)“What’s the reading again?” Frena asked, peering at her graph. She could barely make out the readings in the light from her headtorch. “445,” Grenac … Read more
- Newsletter Story – 3%Silence is one of the most terrifying things in the world. It’s the lack of life, of activity, that scares me the most. The halting … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Bluff (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)"Don't do it," the Captain warned. Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Discovery (100 Words)“What is it?” Bethany said, as Trev pulled the box out of the ground. Even under the protective shade of their tent, the heat was … Read more