You think you can control life. It’s one of the best illusions of the universe, that you control it, the vast gaping chaos of the universe. Your own ego against the whole mystery of reality.
The sooner you realise this, you know, the less you will stress about the small things. The small things that eat inside your mind and consume your very soul until you forget where you are and what you are and who you are and you’re just worry.
Because you know what?
Worry doesn’t give you control against the chaos of the universe. It is just the illusion of control.
Take a step back, open your eyes, and see the vast madness that is the universe.
And then let it go.
Let it all go.
Enjoy this story? Check out my others below!
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, when death is so … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. But each day is … More New Day
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, and you’re in here. … More Rain (100 Words)
- Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)Sometimes I think I can hear you in whispers. In the wind through the trees or the rustle of grass. In the crumple of paper … More Whisper (Stories on a Theme – “Soft”)
- Stress (100 Words)It settles beneath your skin, into your very bones. You cannot help it. It is like a virus, slipping past your defences. You cannot help … More Stress (100 Words)
- Slide (100 Words)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown between you. Not from … More Slide (100 Words)