You think you can control life. It’s one of the best illusions of the universe, that you control it, the vast gaping chaos of the universe. Your own ego against the whole mystery of reality.
The sooner you realise this, you know, the less you will stress about the small things. The small things that eat inside your mind and consume your very soul until you forget where you are and what you are and who you are and you’re just worry.
Because you know what?
Worry doesn’t give you control against the chaos of the universe. It is just the illusion of control.
Take a step back, open your eyes, and see the vast madness that is the universe.
And then let it go.
Let it all go.
Enjoy this story? Check out my others below!
- Stress (100 Words)It settles beneath your skin, into your very bones. You cannot help it. It is like a virus, slipping past your defences. You cannot help … More Stress (100 Words)
- Slide (100 Words)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown between you. Not from … More Slide (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)What is behind you can be forgotten. Technically. I mean, technically, it is no longer here and now. It is then and was and it’s … More Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)
- Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)The world will get better. You hope. The world will be kinder. You hope. The world will still be alive in the future. You hope. … More Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)
- Flash Fiction – Setback (100 Words)The strength you find in a setback is the strength you draw on when things are going well. After all, it’s only when your plan … More Flash Fiction – Setback (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Forgive (Stories on a Theme “Control”)To let go of control is to let go of the outcome. You cannot change it, for it is done. Dusted. Final. All you can … More Flash Fiction – Forgive (Stories on a Theme “Control”)