“So what do you fancy?”
Georgina looked down at the menu list, trying furiously to ignore the nerves that were buzzing around her body. She could feel Ian’s gaze on her, not intense but curious. She glanced up from the menu, just for a second, and he smiled at her.
Her heart flipped.
Focus on the food, Georgina thought to herself. It was not every day that you went on a date with Ian Strider, basically the best looking bachelor in the office. It was not every day that Ian Strider asked you on a date after pining over him with the other work girls for the past 8 weeks.
But here they were. In a Frankie and Bennies. Choosing what to have for dinner before a movie.
“I’m thinking Pizza,” Georgina said, “simple, easy.”
“I was going to go for a pasta,” he said, glancing down at the menu. Georgina couldn’t help but notice the line of his jawbone, the stubble of a half grown beard peeking through his skin. God he looked gorgeous.
“Good choice,” she replied, hoping that her nerves didn’t show. Not too much.
Ian looked up at her and smiled, but this smile was different to the last. A genuine smile, almost thankful.
“I’m glad you agreed to come tonight,” Ian said, looking slightly bashful.
Georgina grinned back, impulsively grabbing Ian’s hand across the table.
“I’m glad you asked,” she replied.
Enjoy this story? Check out my other flash fictions below.
- Day (100 Words)When someone told me that happy memories could be as powerful as sad ones, I never believed them. I never understood how powerful … More Day (100 Words)
- Sinuous (100 Words)Falyese traced her fingertips over her lovers muscles. Troph’s shoulders were the most beautiful part of him, in Falyese’s opinion. Strong from years … More Sinuous (100 Words)
- The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)When Captain Iona finds one of her team dead next to a statue of Raem II, she knows that someone has stolen a cursed object with the notorious Queen Raem II’s tomb. But as more bodies pile up, time is running out to find out who the killer is. And Iona has her own secrets, ones which are more deadly that she realises. … More The Curse of the Silver (Short Story)
- Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)Suzza sat on her bed, surrounded by the ripped pieces of her letters. Each one had contained the years of heartache and love … More Flash Fiction – Burning Red (A Teacup Story)
- Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)What’s in a name? Not much, and everything at the same time. A level of identity that is so core to yourself that … More Flash Fiction – Name of Things (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)
- Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)When Imogen kissed Natalie, she felt her heart explode. It was not just live, but the intensity of want that bubbled up inside … More Flash Fiction – Intense (Stories on a Theme “Magnetism”)