“This is literal hell,” Greg groaned as he lay his head on the steering wheel. Susie and Freddie continued to scream in the back of the car, both bothered by the heat and frustrated by their car seats. It was at least thirty minutes to the next service station, and they still had an hour after that.
“Google says it’s not that far to the accident,” Freya said, waving her phone at Greg. The thick red line of traffic they were sitting in spread to the top of the map and beyond, at least 2 miles away.
“That’s still too far,” Greg groaned, “this is why I hate the M25”
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Sinuous (100 Words)Falyese traced her fingertips over her lovers muscles. Troph’s shoulders were the most beautiful part of him, in Falyese’s opinion. Strong … More Sinuous (100 Words)
- Luminous (A Teacup Story)The stars twinkle above you, gently pulsing as they bubble and collapse upon the backdrop of the universe. You watch them … More Luminous (A Teacup Story)
- Choose (100 Words)The world might break, but it can be reformed. A better world, a more unified world. A kinder, better world. Humanity’s … More Choose (100 Words)
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box … More Under the Arches (Teacup Story)
- Exploit (100 Words)“Now,” Ganetrak said, kneeling in front of Inael’s prone form, “you’re going to cooperate.” Inael strained against the manacles, but it … More Exploit (100 Words)
- The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” a female voice said from the shadows. James shuffled on his feet, feeling the weight of the … More The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)