“This is literal hell,” Greg groaned as he lay his head on the steering wheel. Susie and Freddie continued to scream in the back of the car, both bothered by the heat and frustrated by their car seats. It was at least thirty minutes to the next service station, and they still had an hour after that.
“Google says it’s not that far to the accident,” Freya said, waving her phone at Greg. The thick red line of traffic they were sitting in spread to the top of the map and beyond, at least 2 miles away.
“That’s still too far,” Greg groaned, “this is why I hate the M25”
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)It’s impossible to know what the future will hold. It’s impossible to ascribe a value to that future – a good … More Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)