“This is literal hell,” Greg groaned as he lay his head on the steering wheel. Susie and Freddie continued to scream in the back of the car, both bothered by the heat and frustrated by their car seats. It was at least thirty minutes to the next service station, and they still had an hour after that.
“Google says it’s not that far to the accident,” Freya said, waving her phone at Greg. The thick red line of traffic they were sitting in spread to the top of the map and beyond, at least 2 miles away.
“That’s still too far,” Greg groaned, “this is why I hate the M25”
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Not anywhereDead Dead. Not alive. Not here. Not anywhere that I can perceive. Just. Not here. What does that mean for life, … More Not anywhere
- New DayEach day is an unknown. It doesn’t feel like an unknown. You can have plans, have thoughts, have things to do. … More New Day
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Rain (100 Words)Outside, the rain lashed down onto the windowpane. It’s almost calming, watching the calamity of the storm outside. It’s out there, … More Rain (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)