“This is literal hell,” Greg groaned as he lay his head on the steering wheel. Susie and Freddie continued to scream in the back of the car, both bothered by the heat and frustrated by their car seats. It was at least thirty minutes to the next service station, and they still had an hour after that.
“Google says it’s not that far to the accident,” Freya said, waving her phone at Greg. The thick red line of traffic they were sitting in spread to the top of the map and beyond, at least 2 miles away.
“That’s still too far,” Greg groaned, “this is why I hate the M25”
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Under the Arches (Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” Lauren nodded, hand still tucked inside her jacket. It might not seem much, this little tin box … Read more
- Exploit (100 Words)“Now,” Ganetrak said, kneeling in front of Inael’s prone form, “you’re going to cooperate.” Inael strained against the manacles, but it … Read more
- The Lost Exhibit (A Teacup Story)“Do you have it?” a female voice said from the shadows. James shuffled on his feet, feeling the weight of the … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Ignorance (A Teacup Story)“What’s the reading again?” Frena asked, peering at her graph. She could barely make out the readings in the light from … Read more
- Lessons from Nano (November Update)How is it the end of November already? I swear a minute ago it was August, and now we’re closing in … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Growth (100 Words)How do you grow, not physically, but mentally? You have to make mistakes. Sometimes mistakes happen to you. Things that aren’t … Read more