Who said that travelling had to be about space or time?
It’s not, not always. It’s sometimes those in-between spaces, those thoughts and the actions that don’t really count to anything on their own, apart from the fact that you tried them.
Maybe today you take a different route to work.
Maybe tomorrow you pick up a different type of cheese.
Maybe the day after tomorrow, you’ll stop thinking about dying all the time.
Maybe the day after the day after tomorrow, you’ll try some new alcoholic drink.
Maybe, one day, you won’t have any pain to numb.
Check out some of my other flash fictions below!
- Stress (100 Words)It settles beneath your skin, into your very bones. You cannot help it. It is like a virus, slipping past your defences. You cannot help but feel the cold shiver running down your spine as you look … More Stress (100 Words)
- Slide (100 Words)It’s not a breaking of a bond, but more a loosening. You see it, at first. The distance that has grown between you. Not from hatred, or any passionate emotion if you where honest. Just a quiet … More Slide (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)What is behind you can be forgotten. Technically. I mean, technically, it is no longer here and now. It is then and was and it’s not going to hurt you here. In the present. But you can’t … More Flash Fiction – Past (Stories on a Theme “Mystery”)
- Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)The world will get better. You hope. The world will be kinder. You hope. The world will still be alive in the future. You hope. And yet, even though the world around you burns in the fires … More Flash Fiction – Believe (Stories on a Theme “Human”)
- Flash Fiction – Setback (100 Words)The strength you find in a setback is the strength you draw on when things are going well. After all, it’s only when your plan falls apart do you know how well you can cope. And you … More Flash Fiction – Setback (100 Words)
- Flash Fiction – Forgive (Stories on a Theme “Control”)To let go of control is to let go of the outcome. You cannot change it, for it is done. Dusted. Final. All you can do is move on, to walk away and hold your head as … More Flash Fiction – Forgive (Stories on a Theme “Control”)