“I don’t think you should do that,” Phenep cautioned.
Wev shrugged at the other end of the phone, his little holographic image flickering as he did so.
Phenep sighed. He missed the days when he could influence his son to make a sensible decision.
“There’s no changing my mind, Pap,” Wev said, pulling his hat into view, “I’ve got the gear, I’m flying out tomorrow on the first flight. They say the first person to find the demon cluster is the person who gets paid the bonus. And I’m going to find it, Pap. It’ll pay for everything.”
Phenep sighed. Wev was right, they could use the Credits. But not at this cost.
“Just stay safe,” Phenep said, “please.”
“I will, Pap,” Wev grinned at him, giving a little salute, “you’ve got my word.”
- Tech Wiz- “Prompts on a Theme” (Future)A short story based on this "Prompts on a Theme" – Future “You know whenever I come down here I'm never sure what I'm going to … Read more
- Teacup Story – The Kayla BreezeThe night before the battle for Captaincy of the ship, Owett watched the stars. (Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – Action, Rating – 12) The stars shone brightly in … Read more
- Teacup Story – Terraform“Isn’t it beautiful?” Terral said, staring up at the sky. The rain spattered off her visor, sliding down the outside of her exosuit. It would be … Read more
- Teacup Story – Souls of SmokeSouls of Smoke – Hectaius said goodbye to their leader (Genre – Sci Fi, Fantasy, Fiction, Action, Rating – 12) “Today, we remember our leader,” Hectaius said, … Read more
- Teacup Story – Smoking RemnantsSmoking Remnants – Ia watches as her village burns, wanting to seek revenge (Rating: 12, Genre – Fantasy, Genre – Sci Fi, Genre – Action) Ia … Read more
- Teacup Story – ScarsHeni pulled the cloth over her face, wincing as the chemicals pulled off the makeup that had stained her face all day. She was used to … Read more