Unlet looked at her hands, watching the electricity crackle between her fingers. In that moment, the mess of the room, from the broken bookshelves and smashed windows, all fell away.
She could feel it, feel the power coursing through her veins. She could still taste the tang of the potion on her tongue, a metallic taste, with a hint of roses and summer wine.
She smiled, snapping her hands into fists.
She had found it, and she had claimed it. No one could stop her now.
Now it was time to get justice.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my other stories below!
- The Joining Payment“We’ve got 10 minutes until the alarm goes off.” Fezula didn’t look concerned. She was never concerned about this. “Fine,” she replied, “let’s get to work.” She held out her hand at … More The Joining Payment
- Can’t Do It“I can’t do it,” Felruza slammed her fist against the table. Why was it so damn hard? Why could everyone else do this one simple thing and she couldn’t? “It’ll come,” her … More Can’t Do It
- Like the Sky at Sundown“You’re orange,” A bit of a state-the-obvious comment from Ryan. Cassie wiped the orange blood of her blade and sheathed her weapon. Monster blood never made for a particularly delightful colour. Least … More Like the Sky at Sundown
- Reclaiming Ara’bantheFathie pulled her headphones over her ears. The noise of the city, the thrum of the cars and the rhythmic thudding of footfalls were drowned out in an instant. Breathe, she told … More Reclaiming Ara’banthe
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a particularly hard lift, … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his grey officers robes. Maybe … More New Love (A Teacup Story)