Unlet looked at her hands, watching the electricity crackle between her fingers. In that moment, the mess of the room, from the broken bookshelves and smashed windows, all fell away.
She could feel it, feel the power coursing through her veins. She could still taste the tang of the potion on her tongue, a metallic taste, with a hint of roses and summer wine.
She smiled, snapping her hands into fists.
She had found it, and she had claimed it. No one could stop her now.
Now it was time to get justice.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my other stories below!
- The Document (A Teacup Story)“You got it?” Fethna asked as Nattali got into the car. “Ye of little faith,” Nattali said, pulling out the folder from under her jacket. It hadn’t been a particularly hard lift, … More The Document (A Teacup Story)
- New Love (A Teacup Story)“So,” Iuen asked, “what do you think?” Ealia looked over at Iuen. Part of her wondered absently if he would ever get the grass stains out of his grey officers robes. Maybe … More New Love (A Teacup Story)
- After the Battle (A Teacup Story)“How are you doing, now?” Yinla asked. Oaleth poked the fire with the end of a stick. The smoke curled upwards into the night sky. “That’s a loaded question,” he replied, looking … More After the Battle (A Teacup Story)
- Daylight (100 Words)Minria peered out of the crack in the door. She could see the daylight streaming through the gap, illuminating the dust motes of their hide out. Three months Below had been tough. … More Daylight (100 Words)
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, spilling onto the metal of the car. … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)Nadine woke to the sound of birds singing. It was still weird, to hear that instead of the constant hum of the city traffic. Even after fifty years of the banning of … More A Green World (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)