Unlet looked at her hands, watching the electricity crackle between her fingers. In that moment, the mess of the room, from the broken bookshelves and smashed windows, all fell away.
She could feel it, feel the power coursing through her veins. She could still taste the tang of the potion on her tongue, a metallic taste, with a hint of roses and summer wine.
She smiled, snapping her hands into fists.
She had found it, and she had claimed it. No one could stop her now.
Now it was time to get justice.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my other stories below!
- We’re not going that way“Why not?” “Why not?!” Favian’s voice rose another octave, “because I don’t want to die, Renglat. I like all my limbs on me, not in the mouth of some gods forsaken creature.” … More We’re not going that way
- Do you recognise this song?“Do you recognise this song?” The words were raspy and barely formed. Marlie moved her head slowly on the bed towards Ranlen, looking up at him through gauzes and bandages. “Do you … More Do you recognise this song?
- March of the ValentasAshayra was taller than Miaken expected. He knew that she was from the South, and like all Southeners was always going to be tall, but he did expect her to have to … More March of the Valentas
- You can’t re-write history“Stop this!” Vashna screamed, pulling at the ropes around his wrists, “for the sake of yourself, Maynie, you need to stop!” Maynie looked up from the alter, hair askew and magic wild … More You can’t re-write history
- No way I’m eating that“There is no way on this side of the eleven circles of afterlife I am eating that,” Tanker scrunched his nose up at the proffered sandwich. “Oh come on,” Flanks said next … More No way I’m eating that
- No One of Importance“Who are you exactly?” Ratve’s voice broke through the silence around the campfire. He asked what they were all thinking but he was the only one brave enough to actually ask the … More No One of Importance