Unlet looked at her hands, watching the electricity crackle between her fingers. In that moment, the mess of the room, from the broken bookshelves and smashed windows, all fell away.
She could feel it, feel the power coursing through her veins. She could still taste the tang of the potion on her tongue, a metallic taste, with a hint of roses and summer wine.
She smiled, snapping her hands into fists.
She had found it, and she had claimed it. No one could stop her now.
Now it was time to get justice.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out some of my other stories below!
- Sundown Sky“Reminds you of home, doesn’t it?” Canath remarked, kicking their legs under them. In front of them, the great City of Naithe burned into smolders, leaving trailing smoke floating high into the … More Sundown Sky
- Slow Down“Can we please slow down a bit? I need a rest.” “I need to rest,” Davi said, sitting heavily on the dirt track, “please.” “We don’t have time, Davi,” Tabatha grabbed him … More Slow Down
- This is not a plan“You said you had a plan for this?! Flying into the port with no approvals is not a plan.” Taelew looked over at his co-pilot. Yivonn was not one for breaking the … More This is not a plan
- Arrival at Maalek“Here we are,” their guide announced, “the legendary city of Maalek,” Serene rolled her eyes. The sprawling ruins in front of her did not look anything like the ballads that Kieraj had … More Arrival at Maalek
- Traits of a Turned“You don’t understand me” he said, head in his hands, “you can’t see inside my head.” Amily sighed at her brother. He was in a sorry state, not that she would tell … More Traits of a Turned
- Reunited“Can you stop flicking that bloody coin,” Regan said, “it’s annoying.” Chasey flicked the coin up high again, catching it as it fell back towards her hand. “No,” she replied, “it helps … More Reunited