Power is sometimes considered a dirty word, a word you don’t want to use because it means you have power over something. It’s an element of submission, you, the person with the power, over something or someone. You’re the one in control.
But that’s not always the case. Sometimes power comes from within, a courageous power that lets you hold your head high and stand up in front of something you don’t agree with. It’s the power to assert your life has meaning, your opinions have worth, and you have value.
That power is special. That’s you, standing up for yourself. It might be scary and it might be hard, but do it. Do it for yourself.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my other short stories below!
- Flash Fiction – Disguise (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)Tariik threw the cloak at Raen. “Put it on,” he said. Raen picked up the cloak, disgusted. She had been the lowly begger last week. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Bluff (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)"Don't do it," the Captain warned. Kenl smirked. What did the Captain know about how to use these jewels? Nothing. He thought they were just … Read more
- Flash Fiction – End of Times (A Teacup Story)Bethes sighed as he breathed in the steam from the bowl in front of him. Every time he said it would be the last time, … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Cream (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)Ineg brushed her fingers across the top of the cream pot. The thick blue substance stuck to her fingers. She held it up in front … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Paint (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)“Ugh my back,” Helen grumbled as she rolled the paint roller up and down the wall. The idea to paint the front of the house … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Hide (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)Don’t come out, whatever you hear. That was what Josie had told her. Big sister Josie, the brave one out of the two of them. … Read more