There is something about sunshine that makes you feel better.
It’s not just the fact it’s warm, or that there isn’t a cold damp chill in the air that makes your lungs ache and your bones sore. It’s not the fact you can take out the pretty sapphire blue summer dress that has been hiding in the wardrobe for the whole of winter. It’s not even the barbeques (even though you love the food) that start filling up your social calendar.
It’s the simple fact that when you step outside you feel this glow. It radiates through your skin and through your soul, lifting up your mood as it does so. You can shut your eyes and turn your face towards the sun, like a flower would, and you can see the dappled yellow behind your eyelids. Taking away the blackness of your thoughts.
You smile. It’s okay. Today is okay.
Today is going to be a good day.
Enjoy this? Check out my other flash fictions below!
- Patience (100 Words – Flash Fiction)“I’m waiting,” Rane hissed, tapping his foot impatiently. Natre glared at him as she turned the dial on the safe. They didn’t have … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Exhaustion (From the Archives)First posted in 2019. || Image Credit: Photo by Alice Hampson on Unsplash “GET UP!” The Commander’s voice boomed through the barracks, “IT’S TESTING DAY!” Ethye groaned, pulling … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Ignorance (A Teacup Story)“What’s the reading again?” Frena asked, peering at her graph. She could barely make out the readings in the light from her headtorch. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Growth (100 Words)How do you grow, not physically, but mentally? You have to make mistakes. Sometimes mistakes happen to you. Things that aren’t fair. Things … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Setup (From the Archives)First posted in 2018. || Image Credit: Photo by Alice Hampson on Unsplash “Get up,” Hecura said, kicking Lord Uldrige with her foot and sending him across the … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Goal (100 Words)It’s the thing you’ll work towards. The end achievement. The thing that is worth all the blood and the sweat and the tears. … Read more