It’s a feeling, deep within your bones.
A light feeling. One that lifts your soul up, keeping your chin up and your eyes open.
You have to smile, as you hear the birds singing and the wind whispering in the trees. You let the feeling flow through your soul and seep out of your skin, spreading into the world around you.
They say joy is infectious. And as you see a child that you walk past smile too, you cannot help but agree.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- They Don’t Own You (100 Words)There are many what ifs. Many maybes. A few near misses, a few but what about- All of them are meaningless. They’re not real. They’re conjecture, … More They Don’t Own You (100 Words)
- Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)What is wisdom? I mean, it’s not an age thing. Wisdom can be youthful. It’s not a knowledge thing, not always. Wisdom can be granted even … More Wisdom (A 100 Words Story)
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)