It’s a feeling, deep within your bones.
A light feeling. One that lifts your soul up, keeping your chin up and your eyes open.
You have to smile, as you hear the birds singing and the wind whispering in the trees. You let the feeling flow through your soul and seep out of your skin, spreading into the world around you.
They say joy is infectious. And as you see a child that you walk past smile too, you cannot help but agree.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Flash Fiction – Growth (100 Words)How do you grow, not physically, but mentally? You have to make mistakes. Sometimes mistakes happen to you. Things that aren’t fair. Things that are wrong. … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Goal (100 Words)It’s the thing you’ll work towards. The end achievement. The thing that is worth all the blood and the sweat and the tears. It’s the thing … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Kind (100 Words)Sometimes it's easier to be harsh than it is kind. Kindness takes self reflection. A pause before you respond. It takes selflessness to be kind. To … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Bored (100 Words)"Eugh" Lucy said to her computer screen. It was another slow day. No emails, no new work. Just processing documents until 5pm. She glanced at the … Read more
- Flash Fiction – Smile (Stories on a Theme – “Facade”)A smile can hide so many things. It can hide thoughts. Thoughts you don’t want to share because they’re buried too deep. Because people won’t understand. … Read more