It’s a feeling, deep within your bones.
A light feeling. One that lifts your soul up, keeping your chin up and your eyes open.
You have to smile, as you hear the birds singing and the wind whispering in the trees. You let the feeling flow through your soul and seep out of your skin, spreading into the world around you.
They say joy is infectious. And as you see a child that you walk past smile too, you cannot help but agree.
Enjoy this flash fiction? Check out my others below!
- Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)Flowers can teach us a lot. They can teach us about what it takes to grow. That you have to be fed with the basics of … More Lessons from Flowers (Teacup Story)
- Candle (100 Words)Yailn watched the candle flicker on the end of the bath, letting her thoughts wander. The week had been hard. Watching the world turn to dust … More Candle (100 Words)
- The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)You write for the younger you. For the younger you who always dreamed but never believed you really could. For the younger you who wished with … More The Dream (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)It’s impossible to know what the future will hold. It’s impossible to ascribe a value to that future – a good or bad, a right or … More Future – (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)
- Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)“What do you think?” Ilyen asked, taking another bite out of his dinner. The burrito juice dribbled out of the end of the paper wrapping, spilling … More Peace (Stories on a Theme – “Hope”)